Daversy is a source control tool for relational databases.
That means that it can help you do the following things :
- Keep a history of changes to your database.
- Instantly create a database for any version of your software.
- Automatically generate upgrade scripts to update your deployed servers.
- Merge changes made by different developers on separate database and deploy them to an integration server.
If you want to download Daversy, please go to the Downloads page.
If you want to learn more about the project, take a look at WhatIsDaversy.
If you have a comment, an idea, or just want to leave your mark, please visit the UserComments page.
Daversy is free software under the General Public Licence (GPL).
- Supports different databases through special providers.
- Includes a GUI client and a command line client.
- You can extract the database structure to an XML file (called a state) for storage in source control.
- You can generate SQL statements from a state to create a fresh database.
- You can compare two state files and generate an upgrade script to change the database accordingly.
- You can inject custom UPDATE scripts into the upgrade script generated from the comparison of two states.
Note : The current features are small and atomic. You'll need to combine them and use a source control tool for state file storage to implement a real source control process for your database. You can see an example of how this can be done on the DaversyTutorial page.
- Integrate with Subversion and CVS and prepare for integration with other tools.
- Expand support for the Oracle database to include indexes, view, prcedures, etc. (currently supports only tables and columns).
- Add support for more databases according to user demand.
- Port the core and command line modules to Linux/UNIX.
- Inject custom update scripts when performing a check-in of the database structure to the source control instead of when creating an upgrade script from two states. You should only be thinking about the latest change you have made.
The Daversy Team